The Student News Site of Dulaney High School

Sequel Magazine

Perspective

Sequel Staff

Photography, while a recent invention in the entirety of our human existence, shapes our everyday lives more than we think it does. Every day, we take pictures of nature, events, and mostly ourselves with social media like Snapchat, Instagram, and VSCO rising in popularity. And as we’re surrounded by it constantly, it would be silly not to appreciate photos for their societal and representative value, reflecting human nature. So, as an introduction to photography, I’ve compiled some of the most famous photographs in the world.

1.) My absolute favorite app is Afterlight, which edits photos on the spot through dozens of filters, exposure settings, highlights, shadows, saturation, etc. It also lets you create your own filters and it is capable of adding light leaks and dust.

jen1

2.) Superimpose is an app I use as a substitution for Photoshop. It allows you to create shadows and merge two photos together. Whenever I need to photoshop myself in cheesy photos with my celebrity crushes, Superimpose helps.

jen2

3.) Tadaa is extremely similar to Afterlight in terms of settings and filters, but this one particularly stands out to me for its ability to create blurry and bokeh-like backgrounds in the photos.

jen3

4.) While Everalbum doesn’t hold the same editing properties as the other one, it’s a personal library for all your photos that clears up a lot of space on your phone. Extremely useful if you screenshot, take photos, or selfies often.

everbalm

5.) Picsart is like a funhouse mirror for photos. It offers several forms of ways to distort your photos and exaggerate the colors. Even though it’s not necessarily for aesthetic purpose, it’s always fun to edit photos into fun parallels.

jen5

Jen Medrano 17′ || Literary Editor-in-Chief